Your CV is being rejected?
Your CV is being rejected? These 18 tips will increase your opportunities to get the desired job.
- Email subject line empty shouldn't be empty, add your name and job title you're applying to you may do the same to the name of the attached document
- Don't send an email with no written message inside, writing something positive will get a better impression.
- Never add too many companies in the same email, It could be treated as spam.
- Don't forget to attach your CV in the email, it seems weird but many people do that :D
- Don’t forward. You can get a better first impression in few clicks, do them.
- Always send your CV in English; you may send it in other languages upon request only.
- A CV of 20 pages is too much. Maximum 3 pages, less are preferred.
- Don't attach tons of Certificates, only if required.
- CV format must be PDF or word. don't use a jpg or other photo formats.
- Standard CVs are always the best. Too many colors, borders, images, and logos, are frustrating
- "Curriculum vitae", "Resume" or "CV" word on top of the file should be removed. use the space for something more interesting.
- Review the email carefully; avoid grammatical, spelling, or punctuation mistakes.
- Don't copy & paste the contents of the CV or the message itself. Be authentic.
- Use a professional email including your actual name.
- Add your LinkedIn Profile Link.
- Remove objective from CV.
- Don't keep references personal contact details in your CV.
- Add photo only if requested to avoid discrimination.
Check out our services to professionally review your CV and LinkedIn profile from here or contact us via WhatsApp.